Policy key definitions:
"I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, WMX. "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website. GDPR means General Data Protection Act. Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: to be in touch with you over phone, email, to settle our payments, to send you a newsletter, happy holidays card, happy B'day card and Christmas greetings.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (link) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See our email (marketing) messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences; you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists.
Via Google Analytics navigation data is collected on wmx.nl anonimously. This so we can see how visitors use our website. We use this information to make rightful decisions on the set-up of our website. Also, this helps to optimise the functionality of the website. To make sure all is processed carefully we have taken the following actions:
- We have a data processing agreement with Google.
- We have masked the last octet of the IP-address
- We have turned off all options offered by Google to ‘share data with Google’
- We don’t make use of other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics-cookies
If you don’t want your navigation tracked you can dowload a browser-plugin via Google which prevents this. This setting is then valid for all websites you visit, so not just for wmx.nl. Note: the plugin only works for Chrome.